Advertisement

My Visa renewal and dramas with Citibank

My Visa renewal and dramas with Citibank It's that time again which comes around every year where I need to renew my Visa extension. This time the problem was Citibank and zero communication from them about changes that have been made that affect me.

Join our Website -
The ThailandHUB Social Forum:
Follow us on Patreon -

Oh, the dramas I had today with the visa renewal here in Thailand. Of course, my problem wasn't with Thailand immigration so much but with Citibank Thailand and the fact that they are no longer recognised in the Thailand Immigration system as a Thai bank. This would have been nice to know 3 months ago when I specifically asked them for information on all the changes that have been taking place. One of the most frustrating things about Thailand is the lack of freely available information that would make the whole process run smoothly. Why couldn't I be sent a letter from Immigration to tell me of the new regulations? Why can't my bank keep me informed of changes in the regulations? It all seems way too hard and this can get very frustrating. You can accept that you lose a whole day at immigration just to complete the renewal process, but when they throw you curve balls and additional paperwork on the spot, you can get really frustrated. I basically had to promise that I would change banks before renewal next year just to get my extension. Not only that, it needed the head of immigration to approve my extension this year. Although I clearly had sufficient funds to support myself for the next 12 months, it wasn't in a "Thai" bank and therefore not accepted under immigration regulations.

For all those viewers who have taken my recommendation to get a Citibank account here which can give easy access to Citibank in your own country, I deeply apologise for any inconvenience I may have got you in. My recommendation now is to stick strictly with a Thai owned bank who will issue you with a propper bank book and use Transferwise to move your funds around.

Immigration: Government Complex
กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง


__ __ __ __ __ __

I chose early retirement over working the 40 40 40 plan and now I'm living stress-free as an Aussie expat living in Thailand with my Thai girlfriend. Our Video Blog covers the typical things we find ourselves doing as we build our life together living in the suburbs of Bangkok. My fiancée is a post-op ladyboy and we have been together since 2009. I finally moved to Thailand in September 2016 because the 8 years of travelling to see her were taking its toll. We hope we will give you a unique perspective on Thailand life and lifestyle as we go about our daily life and sometimes explore the Land of Smiles. Pop on over to our channel, and if you like what you see, pop a click on the Subscribe button so you can catch the latest videos on your YouTube feed.
Subscribe:

Don't forget to check out our blog where I'll be uploading additional stories and information about Thailand -

You are more than welcome to visit my friend Dan's website where you will find additional videos from around Thailand

If you feel inclined, you have the option to make a financial donation to this channel at Paypal. I will endeavour to give you a mention in an upcoming video if you want:

If you want to keep in touch, here are some of the links you'll need:-
Our Facebook Video Creators Page:
My Facebook:
Chanya’s Facebook:
Google+:
Twitter:
Instagram:
Flickr:
LinkedIn:
You can also visit us at The Thailand Vlog Hub facebook group which is a community I'm building to support the Thailand Vlogging scene:

Music: TheFatRat - Time Lapse -
Music:
Registerd user of Filmora:

Don’t forget to give this video a thumbs up if you like it, and don’t forget to hit the subscribe button.

thailand retirement visa news,tm30 for visa renewal,thailand retirement visa,thailand retirement visa requirements 2019,visa renewal thailand,visa renewal,banking regulations thailand,citibank thailand,citibank,real thailand,thailand vlogger,retire early,travel,thailand,bangkok,thailand expat,warren gerdes,living in thailand as a foreigner,living in thailand,thailand retirement,bank statements for visa renewal thailand,

Post a Comment

0 Comments