Advertisement

Learning a new technique as a black belt

Learning a new technique as a black belt I thought this would be a cool concept video. Showing myself learning a new technique and having the instructor walk me through the move. A few things to note were that I didn’t get the move down on the first try. Many students beat themselves up when they don’t get the move down very fast but sometimes it takes a bit before the technique sets in. Even for black belts. Another thing to take note of is that I payed close attention to the instructions given to me and I would repeat the instructions to myself as I would perform the technique. Whatever it takes to keep the move fresh in your mind. A big thing that I notice with students that do well is that they listen. A student that listens can improve leaps and bounds over a student that doesn’t listen. The last thing to take note of is that I ask questions doing the technique as they occur to me instead of leaving a knowledge gap. When I have a question I just put it out there. This means that you are engaged thinking about the technique and two it gives the instructor feedback on what details might need further clarification. Hopefully this helps you guys in some way.



Subscribe to my YouTube channel here



Keeping the Guard DVD:


Alec Baulding is a 2019 ADCC qualifier and trials champion, purple belt Adult World champion, Adult Silver medalists At Europeans, and Alliance black belt

Find Alec here:
YouTube:
Instagram:
Facebook:
Website:
Twitter:
Snapchat:
LinkedIn:

Black belt,learning,Jiu Jitsu,

Post a Comment

0 Comments