Advertisement

Killing Spiders, Reworking The AI

Killing Spiders, Reworking The AI Fire And Steel been lacking on dem video updates. RIP.

For the past few months, I've restarted the world from scratch about 3 times, redone the lighting 300 times, and changed under-the-hood code about 3000 times.

Despite the lack of videos, I've been working on the game every single day (some more than others).

These past several days I've been rebuilding the AI system from scratch. I'm no longer using behavior trees. I've replaced them with simple, high-performant events.

There are still bugs to iron out but progress is being made.

I've also added swimming, more items, my own custom animations I've been making in Blender (that's been fun learning to animate), rebuilding the world multiple times (placing every object you see by hand, ugh), and more.

Fire And Steel will be an open world, action RPG featuring AI, lootz, dungeons, towns, quests/missions, skill system, online multiplayer if you decide to play on servers, PVP, or Single Player if you just want to play solo.

The official servers I launch will allow as many players as I can fit possible without performance issues. I want to see dozens and dozens of players forming groups and PVPing inbetween questing and skilling up characters.

No crafting system yet. I'm not sure how I want to do it, but I'm sure I'll eventually have some sort of resource gathering and weapon/armor crafting as some point. I won't have city building or anything like that since every game is doing that these days.

This isn't a survival game.

This is an action RPG game with PVP elements. Full loot, but not intended to be hard to gear back up. I want you getting back into the action as fast as possible.

Launch News: I'm getting closer and closer to launch. I want to implement a quest/mission system over the next few weeks, build out more of the world, add some caves and dungeons, and then I'll be ready to launch. Woop!

If you'd like to test this game, come join my Discord:

This game is meant to be played on a dedicated server with dozens of other players who are fighting and exploring and PvPing. But, you also have the option of playing solo with no internet connection required.

RPG,PVP,Multiplayer,Open World,

Post a Comment

0 Comments